Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Our school receives money from the government based on the number of pupils eligible for Free School Meals (FSM). As we have fewer pupils on FSM than the average, the amount we receive is comparatively low. However, we aim to maximise the effect of the funding in order to give the greatest benefit to our children. Accelerated learning is achieved through a range of dedicated resources and intervention programs delivered by teachers and skilled teaching assisitants.
2018 – 2019
During the academic year 2018 – 2019 we used Pupil Premium money to:
- support children in Maths through rigorous 1:1 tuition with a teacher (KS 2 pupils)
- support children in English through rigorous 1:1 tuition with a teacher (KS 2 pupils)
- buy motivating reading books in Class 2 to encourage less keen readers to read regularly and for pleasure
- implement Dyslexikit programme to help with spelling
- promote equality of opportunity for all pupils in After School Clubs
- social, emotional and behavioural support
- provide specialist TA support for Maths and English (KS 1 pupils)
- enable pupils to practise speech and language objectives recommended by the Speech and Language therapists on a daily basis
- 1:1 specialist counselling on site
Every one of the above resources and purchases was used to support children entitled to Pupil Premium, but many other children in need of intervention benefited too by learning alongside those with the entitlement. For example, one Year 6 pupil achieved national expectations in all areas due to 1:1 tuition in English and Maths . The Dyslexikit programme enabled pupils to significantly secure their phonic knowledge. The impact of all the above has been increased progress particularly in key areas – Maths and English. One child with significant emotional difficulties has achieved full time inclusion due to targeted support. Refer to individual profiles for more details.
The individual pupil assessment and tracking data that we have in school has been carefully analysed in order to make decisions about our use of Pupil Premium resources.