Covid-19 Information and Guidance
The DfE guidance is clear that prevention is the most important way of schools managing coronavirus.
Below are the measures we must take in school:
- We must minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend school.
- We must ensure that pupils, staff and other adults do not come into the school if they have coronavirus symptoms, or have tested positive in at least the last 10 days.
- We must ensure that anyone developing those symptoms during the school day is sent home.
Symptoms of coronavirus
- a new and persistent cough
- a high temperature,
- a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
If anyone in the school becomes unwell with any of these symptoms they must be sent home and advised to follow the guidance which sets out that they should self-isolate for at least 10 days and should arrange to have a test to see if they have coronavirus.
In school, we will also focus on:
- cleaning hands thoroughly more often than usual
- ensuring good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
- introducing enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often
Please see the following pages for more information regarding the school procedures during Covid times.